PDA

View Full Version : Family Search Pilot Site

Just Gillian
01-06-10, 12:25
I found two 1920 baptisms at All Saints, Deptford on the Family Search pilot site months ago and have just been back to check them but I can't see them on there at all now.

I've had a break from my tree for a while and was wondering if I've missed news that there have been changes to the site, or whether some records have been withdrawn.

kiterunner
01-06-10, 14:12
I haven't heard of any transcribed records being withdrawn, Gillian, though I do know some images have been withdrawn when they had been indexed. I suppose you can't post the details of the baptisms on here in case the people are still alive, but if you want me to have a look and check that I can't see them either, you could PM me the names.

Update - just remembered you don't have to put in a name to search for on that site, so I did an advanced search for birth / baptism, 1920, Deptford, Kent, England, United Kingdom, and it came back with 112 matches but some are St Paul's. There are some All Saints ones too, though, but they seem to be people who were baptised as older children, teenagers or adults. Anyway, if you want me to help look, like I said, you could PM me the names and I'll have a go.

Merry
01-06-10, 14:24
Having played with the records, I found it made a difference where you said Deptford was. I only got a handful of entries in your time frame if I said Deptford was in London, Greater London or Surrey (I expected it to be in 'London' in 1920), but a few thousand if I said Kent. Are you sure your entries are not hiding?!

EDIT - It must have taken me over twelve minutes to type the above! lol

Just Gillian
01-06-10, 15:46
Thanks Kite and Merry.

None of the people concerned are still living.

I've found the All Saints baptisms using your method Kite and some of them have the same batch and film numbers as I found for mine originally but I still can't see mine

Parents Charles Thomas and Mary Ann Hadrill
Children baptised 10/06/1920 -
Valentine Charles William Henry Hadrill (may not have used all names at baptism)
Olive Henrietta Hadrill
Batch C17105-2 Film no 355638

I think a third sibling, Emily Valentine, was also baptised at the same time but I didn't make a note of it.

kiterunner
01-06-10, 16:01
I can't find them on there either. Hopefully it's a temporary problem because of it being on beta test and they will reappear!

Nosing around the site I noticed they say that they'll be indexing Bristol and Essex parish registers soon. Can't wait for those!

Merry
01-06-10, 16:04
I can't wait for Bristol either!!

ElizabethHerts
01-06-10, 16:06
I've been using this site a great deal and I have found lots of burials as well as the christenings and marriages.

Just Gillian
01-06-10, 16:10
Thanks for looking Kite. At least I know I'm not doing something wrong in my searching. Odd that some of the same batch and film number should still be on there though - you'd think it would be all or none.

Rachel
01-06-10, 16:34
Please could one of you give me a link for the Beta bit /

fankooooooo

Just Gillian
01-06-10, 16:37
Here you go Rachel -

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#start

Rachel
01-06-10, 16:49
Cheers Gillian

Jenoco
02-06-10, 02:47
Nosing around the site I noticed they say that they'll be indexing Bristol and Essex parish registers soon. Can't wait for those!

I've been forgetting to check for updates on there. Look forward to the Essex registers!

Christine in Herts
02-06-10, 15:03
I've been forgetting to check for updates on there. Look forward to the Essex registers!

Don't forget that some of the register images are gradually appearing on Seax!
http://seax.essexcc.gov.uk/

Christine

Jenoco
04-06-10, 02:10
Thanks Christine, I'm looking for later ones - most of the parishes that I'm interested in don't go past 1750 on SEAX. But I do check back there pretty often, it's an excellent resource.

Just Gillian
02-07-10, 17:05
Just a quick update fyi

I emailed Familysearch to ask why I could no longer find the records I had previously accessed and they referred me to their privacy policy

FamilySearch uses the following guidelines to determine publication of records:

Births must be over 100 years ago.

Marriages must be over 50 years ago.

Deaths must be over 25 years ago.

Record collections will be evaluated and updated yearly to meet these guidelines.

So it was sheer luck that I found them before they were withdrawn.

kiterunner
02-07-10, 18:12
That's interesting, Gillian, thanks.

Uncle John
03-07-10, 20:28
I've just confirmed the family tale that a rellie took his family to St Petersburg to start a thread factory there. I found a bap. of a previously unknown son in St Petersburg to the correct parents in the correct time-frame. It's from the England and Wales non-con baptisms held at the National Archives.