PDA

View Full Version : Merry - Maynard burials

ElizabethHerts
29-05-10, 07:40
I was looking at your enquiry for HALS as I shall go next week.

I was looking for Maynard burials for Hitchin on NBI 3 but they don't have early enough ones. However I found two for St Mary's Wootton that might interest you as Wootton is very close to Kempston.

John Maynard 17 April 1762 (no age given)
John Mainard 14 Oct 1761 (no age)
John Mainard 12 Feb 1762 (no age)

How anyone would know which John died when I don't know!

Merry
29-05-10, 09:53
lol! Thanks Elizabeth!! I don't actually have any John Maynard's in my tree before about 1830, but maybe one day I will be able to be frustrated about who is who! I shall put them in my special "who are these" Maynard folder (quite a think one!)

I really should properly study a map of the area, to fix in my head whre is where.

Thanks again!

Uncle John
29-05-10, 10:30
I can't remember whether I looked in the Wootton PR transcriptions the other week. BTW, I remembered that there's a duplicate copy of most of the Bedfordshire transcriptions at the library, which is a bit easier to get to. It's only if you need to look at the films that you have to go to BLARS.

Merry
29-05-10, 10:36
I don't have access to the info you gave me, UJ, (oh, I suppose it's on here somewhere!!) as I'm on the wrong computer at the moment. I think you did look at Wooon, but can't remember for certain!