PDA

View Full Version : Cant find two people.

BlueSavannah
27-05-10, 14:47
Hi everyone.

Ive been trying for hours now to track down two siblings of an ancestor with no joy and wondered if I could ask for a second pair of eyes or any suggestions. My only instinct is that these two might have gone abroad.

Ida Avis Waterland born in Bradfield, South Yorkshire in 1886

Frank Richard Waterland born in Bradfield, South Yorkshire in 1891.

I have both with their widower father (Thomas Waterland) in 1901 at Rivelin, Upper Hallam, South Yorkshire. Also here is their sibling Frances Lily. However, Frank is also listed with his grandmother Elizabeth Hawley in Glossop, Derbyshire and also here is Frank's sister Mary Hannah.

I have Frank on the 1911 census, still with grandmother Elizabeth Hawley at 29 King Street, Glossop. I cannot find Ida Avis on the 1911.

After 1911, I cannot find any trace of Frank.

I have searched marriage and death indexes for both and nothing.

Any help, much appreciated.

Claire

kiterunner
27-05-10, 16:31
Findmypast has a Frank Waterland listed as leaving for Wellington, New Zealand, in 1911.

kiterunner
27-05-10, 16:56
Ooh, and on New Zealand BMD there is a death listed in 1974 for Frank Richard Hawley Waterland, date of birth 3 Nov 1891.

https://www.bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/home/

kiterunner
27-05-10, 17:06
And findmypast has an I Waterland, female, listed as leaving from Liverpool for Veracruz, Mexico, in 1910, no year of birth stated.

Uncle John
27-05-10, 18:50
Ida is mentioned on this list:
http://jearnshaw.me.uk/tree/names29.htm

BlueSavannah
27-05-10, 19:53
Hi Kate and John

Very sorry for the late reply, had to pop out. Oooh that certainly seems to be my missing Frank Waterland in New Zealand. Wonder how/why he ended up there.

Think I might have to pay for some credits on findmypast to look at that list for Frank and to check the I Waterland out. I just have a sub for the 1911 on there at present.

5 of the 6 children of Thomas Waterland and Annis nee Booth ended up all over the place :(

BlueSavannah
27-05-10, 19:58
oh...that date of birth of the 3rd November 1891 for Frank is interesting....his mother Annis died on the 19th November 1891. Maybe complications from childbirth, even though it was a couple of weeks after birth? Her date of death is on her gravestone, I dont have the cert.