PDA

View Full Version : Pipe/Richardson

Sue from Southend
24-05-10, 10:19
In 1841, Barking, Essex, George Pipe b1781 not of the county is with Mary b1776 also not of the county.

George dies in 1847 and in 1851 and 1861 Mary claims her place of birth as Woodbridge, Suffolk/Hasketon, Suffolk.

There's a marriage of a George Pipe to Mary Richardson 1805 at Hasketon and I am reasonably confident that this them. Glen checked the PR for me and the witnesses included a Hannah Richardson.

So now I'm trying to find Mary's family! Glen also checked the baptism for a Mary Richardson in Woodbridge (details on Oakum Picker's Suffolk Lookups Thread) for me and now I'm going round in circles trying to work out if this is her!
Could someone else please have a look to see if they can spot anything? (Most of the records on Family Search are submitted but fit with what Glen found so fingers crossed are accurate;)
Oh and there's a tree on Ancestry that has the Mary Richardson b 1782, Woodbridge married to someone else entirely!

Thankyou (have to go to work this afternoon so please don't think I'm ignoring you)

kiterunner
24-05-10, 10:52
Hannah Richardson married James Diggens 27 Dec 1813 at Hasketon, and they had a son Edward Diggens baptised 10 Jul 1814 and daughter Harriet baptised 24 Aug 1817 at Hasketon (from FamilySearch Record Search).

ElizabethHerts
24-05-10, 10:58
Too late for you, Sue, but evidence of Richardsons.

http://www.woodbridgechurch.org.uk/Records/quay/q-marr-chron.htm

ElizabethHerts
24-05-10, 11:00
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a2a/records.aspx?cat=173-fc23&cid=1-2-43&kw=Suffolk%20Record%20Office,%20Ipswich%20Branch#1-2-43

Richardson in Hasketon - National Archives website

ElizabethHerts
24-05-10, 11:03
Other Richardson researchers:

http://www.terryaspinall.com/suffolk-surname-list/suff_rf_ry.html

kiterunner
24-05-10, 12:39
Oh and there's a tree on Ancestry that has the Mary Richardson b 1782, Woodbridge married to someone else entirely!

I think we need to follow this up to see if we can find anything to prove it is or isn't the Mary whose baptism we've been looking at, but it seems to be on a Private Tree so I don't know who she's supposed to have married?

Sue from Southend
24-05-10, 17:27
Thank you both for looking!

I'll look at the links you've posted after dinner Elizabeth, Thankyou.

Apologies Kite - there is a public member tree but they've used a birth year of 1781, even though it's the same baptism.... They've married Mary to an Isaac Jackson and she stayed in Suffolk until she died.

I'll needto see if I can find the link between Hannah and Mary .....

kiterunner
24-05-10, 19:20
The ancestry tree gives a date for the marriage to Isaac Jackson - 13 Oct 1806 at Walton, Suffolk - but I can't find it anywhere online to check if it's right. If you can get a lookup of that marriage to confirm it happened, and to get the witnesses' names, it might help, because if the witnesses are relatives of the Mary who was baptised in Woodbridge, it would suggest that the ancestry tree is right and you would need to look for another baptism for your Mary. Of course the witnesses' names might not help but it's worth a try.

Sue from Southend
24-05-10, 21:36
Good thinking Kite!

I think Glen has a problem with lookups at present so I'll leave asking for now.

I have sent a message to the owner of the Ancestry tree asking for details. And there are also several people with Mary in their trees on GR so I've sent each of them messages too! However I do feel that Mary Richardson is a fairly common name and that Suffolk is not well represented on IGI so lots of people may be claiming this one without any proof! We'll have to wait and see.;)

Thanks again for your help:)