PDA

View Full Version : Poupard in London

Val in Oz
16-05-10, 02:05
Is anyone researching this name in London - also Kelk - who married into the Poupard family?

peppie
16-05-10, 18:54
I'm not but out of interest is it a variation on Peppard? I'm thinking of the sound saying it..

Val in Oz
16-05-10, 21:57
Hi Peppie - good suggestion - the name may have changed by now.

A bundle of photo's have been found of Caroline Elizabeth Poupard nee Kelk and her family dated 1909 - and will be discarded if someone can't be found. So, I am desparately trying to trace the family as I can't bear to think of them being thrown out.

Any suggestions anyone - I am in Oz and the photo's are in the UK and presently owned be an elderly gent who is trying to clear his house of unwanted items. He had bought them at a boot sale in Ally Pally a good few years ago.

kiterunner
16-05-10, 22:06
If she is Caroline Elizabeth Kelk born 1846 Camberwell then there are two Genes Reunited members with her in their trees.

kiterunner
16-05-10, 22:07
Ooh, and those people have Poupards in their trees too so I would think it's the same Caroline Kelk.

Val in Oz
16-05-10, 23:42
Thankyou KR - I'm off to do some looking up now - I will let you know how I get on

Val in Oz
17-05-10, 06:11
I sent a message off to the first one on the list explaining - and said that if I hadn't heard back from her by friday I would contact the other person - I thought they would probably know of each other anyway.

We are away soon for a few months so would like to see this sorted out by the time we leave, and the gent who had contacted me also wants to see a conclusion. So I thought a time frame for contact might help.

The final solution might be for him to donate them to the Stratford Local Studies Library as some of the photographs were taken by a photographer in that area.

Val in Oz
17-05-10, 09:53
Many thanks KR - the lady on GenesR has been in contact and I have passed her name and address on to the gentleman concerned. A good result, I am grateful

peppie
17-05-10, 20:16
Val have you got a scan or two of any of the Poupards? Just teh Peppards do tend to have a certain look and I'd like to have a squint especially if there are any men/ boys out of interest..... :o;)

Uncle John
17-05-10, 20:42
Just as an aside, there's a Poupart's Junction just east of Clapham Junction on the railway line to Victoria.

Val in Oz
17-05-10, 21:34
Sorry Peppie - but the gent who has the photos lives in the UK and I'm in Oz
I don't know if he has the facilities to scan - I think he just wants to be rid of them

Val in Oz
18-05-10, 22:52
just an update....the photos are winging their way to the lady on GenesR who KR mentioned - he has sent the two with names on the back - and has asked her if there would be any connection to the Poupards in the Stratford area. As she has already mentioned to me that she has most of the various branches, and is in touch with other people researching the name I am sure she will be able to point him in the right direction. Many thanks for your help folks.

peppie
18-05-10, 23:36
ahh it was worth asking! Glad they got a home to go to!

:)