PDA

View Full Version : Looking for LOOKERS

Rachel
14-05-10, 14:38
Sisters Jessie and Jane (Jain/Jean) Looker ~ both born in Scotland ~ 1854 and 1856 are nowhere to be found on the 1911 census.

Jessie Looker married Alan Forgan in London 1877 ~ he died in Fareham, Hants. 1899.

The last sighting of Jessie is on the 1891 census ~ Lambeth, London.
I believe she died in 1923 in Southampton. No children.

Jane Looker never married (as far as anyone knows) but had a child ~ Eliza (Elizabeth/Bessie) Brand Looker ~ b 1876 in Chelsea, Middx.

Daughter, Eliza, married Francis Jennings in Fulham ~ 1899 ~ her father is named as Robert Brand Looker, Farmer.
There is no other information about him and he does not appear on Eliza’s birth cert.

The last sighting of Jane Looker is in 1901 ~ Hanover Sq. London and there’s a very possible death in Wandsworth ~ 1946 (aged 90)

I also looked for Jessie in Scotland (1901) no luck :(
and could not find another marriage for her

Fresh brain cells required please :)

kiterunner
14-05-10, 16:48
Eliza's father was probably called Robert Brand rather than Robert Brand Looker, but you probably realise that already.

Rachel
14-05-10, 16:54
Eliza's father was probably called Robert Brand rather than Robert Brand Looker, but you probably realise that already.

Hmmmmmm ... or may be fictitious ?

There's a Robert Looker (Farmer) on one of the censuses but in a County which does not connect with anyone at all

kiterunner
14-05-10, 17:43
There are six Robert Brands with occupation farmer listed on the 1881 census on ancestry, although two of them appear to be the same person listed twice, once at home, once as a visitor.

Rachel
14-05-10, 18:04
Hmmmm ... well it could be any of them, or none :confused:

Oooer there's only one coming up on FMP (no Ancestry at the moment) but I know I've done him to death before and nothing looked as if it might fit.

In 1881 Jane's working as a Kitchen maid in Winslow, Bucks and 'Bessie' (Eliza) is with an aunt or uncle ... just checked and Bessie's with aunt Jessie and her husband Allan Forgan