PDA

View Full Version : Births possibly in England

geniebug
07-05-10, 22:18
This is a long shot - but I'm wondering if anyone with Ancestry could look up the births of two children:

William Henry Robinson c 1850
Rachel Robinson c 1854

Father's name was George.

I know its not much information, but at least we have a second name for William, and Rachel is a fairly uncommon name.

Here's hoping :)

(I have them in Australia at a later date)

Margaret in Burton
07-05-10, 22:26
Hi Jood

Where in England?

Do you mean a census look up or birth index look up? Birth indexes do not list the parents names. I don't agree that Rachel is an uncommon name.

geniebug
07-05-10, 22:29
My apologies Margaret. I think its just toooo long a shot.

I have no idea where in England.

Thanks for your help anyway.

It was just a thought.

Margaret in Burton
07-05-10, 22:32
If you look on FreeBMD you will see how many of the same name there are. :):)

Very small needle in a very large haystack I reckon.

geniebug
07-05-10, 22:34
Thanks Margaret

HarrysMum
07-05-10, 22:37
Hi Jood,

If you have them in Aus later, do you have a marriage cert or death cert? Most of mine have put their birth town on those, particularly marriage certs.

geniebug
07-05-10, 22:41
No Libby - they aren't really direct relatives, but we were trying to ascertain if a Rachel was the sister of William Henry as the latter had a daughter named Rachel. There are so many Rachels & Williams involved we were getting confused.

I'm sure we will sort it out one day !!

JBee
08-05-10, 09:04
I have Robinson's and its quite a common name in Yorkshire - with many people having same christian and surname.

Merry
08-05-10, 09:11
I did a search on FreeBMD with a four year spread for each of them and there were 57 William Henrys and around 30 Rachels.

geniebug
08-05-10, 09:18
Awwwww thank you Merry - I'll keep you posted if I can find out some more helpful information.