PDA

View Full Version : Do you go to Cardiff Public Library?

lozaras
01-05-10, 12:54
I'm not sure where to put this request so please move it if it's in the wrong place.

I recently received the death cert for my gggrandfather Josiah Roach who was found "dead in his bed" in January 1906 of heart failure & chronic alcoholism.

An inquest was held on 12th January 1906 and I've been looking for a report. The Public library searched for a month after the date in the Cardiff Times and in the South Wales Echo. They did these searches for free but to search in the other 2 papers they have for that time-span they want search fees of £15 an hour :eek:

Soooo - if anyone is able to go to the library & look for me I would be very grateful.

The two newspapers are the Western Mail and the South Wales Daily News

Josiah had left his family, his wife & 2 young children in Devon sometime between 1874 & 1881. The informant on the cert was the Coroner. I'm hoping the inquest will tell me more.

Merry
01-05-10, 13:12
Not what you are looking for, but have you seen this?

Trewman's Exeter Flying Post or Plymouth and Cornish Advertiser (Exeter, England), Wednesday, April 26, 1876; Issue 5802

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/merry_monty_montgomery/Fetch.jpg

lozaras
01-05-10, 16:00
ooo thanks Merry :)

Cheeky begger saying he couldn't find her! - she didn't go far, just to her brother's house in Braunton - where she stayed until she died in 1923!!!!

He, on the other hand, ran away to Wales!