PDA

View Full Version : submitted / extracted ?? neither ???

garstonite
29-04-10, 05:25
Good morning...trying to help one of the lads in the pub..
I am trying to find a marriage in Cavan, Ireland for
O`Reilly to Carolyn (that`s the surname)
there are only 3 entries on familysearch for Carolyn ( on igi spelt Carolan ) in Cavan...the one I think maybe the birth of his g grandmother has the following

Anne Carolan birth 6th September 1874 Cavan
father Patrick Carolan
mother Mary Murray

It doesn`t state whether it`s Submitted OR Extracted....any advice as to whether this is an official record please .......allan:confused:

Gert in Oz
29-04-10, 05:38
Clicking on the "source call no." gives me this, so i would say its official, but then i`m not an expert, so maybe someone else will say different

* Quarterly returns of births in Ireland, 1864-1955, with index to births, 1864-1921 Ireland. General Register Office *

For anyone else looking in its a "C" batch no.

Merry
29-04-10, 06:10
The one I clicked on was exctracted and is from the birth indexes, so there should be a birth cer for her:

Anne <Carolan> Pedigree
Female
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 07 SEP 1874 , , Ireland

Christening:
Death:
Burial:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: Patrick Carolan Family
Mother: Mary Murray
Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record.

Looks like it's 10 euros for the cert, from here:

http://www.groireland.ie/fees.htm

garstonite
29-04-10, 06:21
thank you both very much....I`m not familiar with Irish research...so I may be back later...lol....allan;)