PDA

View Full Version : another stupid question ?

garstonite
25-04-10, 17:48
HIYA ALL
would it be possible to find a marriage in Vandalia, Ohio of my grandads baby sisters 2 daughters?
Winifred Oakes married Charles Adams in St Michaels church, Garston in 1945..
Charles was in the American Air Force and after they married they went to live in Vandalia ,Ohio ,America...Charlies home town......they both died about 2000 and I know the 2 girls christian names and would like to contact them...they also had a son , but his name won`t have changed......any advice ?....allan:confused:

kiterunner
25-04-10, 18:24
Not a stupid question at all, Allan. Not found 20th century Ohio marriages online yet, but I'm still looking.

This looks like Winifred's death from the Social Security Death Index, as the dob matches the quarter for what I think is her birth on FreeBMD:
Winifred Adams born 12 Aug 1921, died 5 Feb 2005, last residence 45385 Xenia, Greene, Ohio. Social Security Number was issued in Ohio in 1951.
And would this be Charles's death?
Charles D Adams born 21 Sep 1923, died 26 Sep 1997, last residence 45377 Vandalia, Montgomery, Ohio, Social Security Number issued in Ohio before 1951.

In which case maybe one of the daughters lives in Xenia and that's why Winifred was living there?

kiterunner
25-04-10, 18:36
Ah, I've found Charles' death record in the Ohio Deaths database on ancestry now, and his full name was Charles Daniel Adams and he was born in Brown County, Ohio, and died at Greene Memorial Hospital, Xenia, Greene County.

garstonite
25-04-10, 18:40
Thank you very much Kiterunner....yes...that`s them...
I`ll trawl through any obituary notice for Winifred Adams , Xenia,Greene, Ohio
a little excited now . fingers crossed.....allan you beauty lol:d

garstonite
25-04-10, 18:51
found this Kiterunner.....it has her address
http://www.faqs.org/people-search/winifred-adams/
22nd name down..
do you know what the S SN Number is please ?
278-30-8339
allan:confused::confused:

kiterunner
25-04-10, 19:11
Social Security Number. The details are just taken from the same database that ancestry also have, the Social Security Death Index. It doesn't give her full address, just at zip code level (similar to a postcode).

I've found details of Charles' burial - he's buried at Miami Valley Memory Gardens, Centreville, Ohio, section FMLY HERIT, lot 865B, grave number 1. This is the site where I found it:
http://www.mcrecorder.org/search_selection.cfm

There don't seem to be any Montgomery County marriage records online for the period that you would want to search.

garstonite
25-04-10, 19:21
Social Security Number. The details are just taken from the same database that ancestry also have, the Social Security Death Index. It doesn't give her full address, just at zip code level (similar to a postcode).

I've found details of Charles' burial - he's buried at Miami Valley Memory Gardens, Centreville, Ohio, section FMLY HERIT, lot 865B, grave number 1. This is the site where I found it:
http://www.mcrecorder.org/search_selection.cfm

There don't seem to be any Montgomery County marriage records online for the period that you would want to search.

Thanks Kiterunner.....if they married in 1945....Charlie was based at Burtonwood Airfield during the war about 11 miles from Garston....I would think the girls were born around 1947 1949 and the son about 1951 same year as me ....so the marriages would be around 1969 to 1977.....so I can look for the son in Xenia if he hasn`t moved from there....as Charlie was in the Airforce I have found a S**** Adams
MSG S**** Adams in the Airforce in Ohio ....do you know what MSG stands for ? I know it`s a little obscure, but just thought you might know....allan:)

Uncle John
25-04-10, 19:22
Master Sergeant?

garstonite
25-04-10, 19:53
Thank You UJ....would that mean he was MSG on the camp ?...or would he be airborne ?.....not very good at Military gen....allan:o

garstonite
25-04-10, 19:57
Ah, I've found Charles' death record in the Ohio Deaths database on ancestry now, and his full name was Charles Daniel Adams and he was born in Brown County, Ohio, and died at Greene Memorial Hospital, Xenia, Greene County.

just found a Daniela Adams in Xenia , on myspace.....contacted her ...fingers crossed....hoping she was named after Charles DANIEL Adams....wish me luck....allan;)