PDA

View Full Version : FTM 2008. Registering

GenieDi
09-04-10, 22:43
Can someone help please.

I got a FTM 2008 free with a magazine sub. It has a 3 month membership to Ancestry with it, I have tried to register and activate it but keep getting sent to a page to upgrade from a signed up guest.

I'm on windows 7.

Kit
09-04-10, 23:37
Di I had an ancestry sub when I bought mine and so waited until it expired. I couldn't get it to activate and I emailed them and said it wouldn't work. They gave me worldwide ancestry when they fixed it so that was a bonus.

GenieDi
09-04-10, 23:47
Thanks Toni, I don't have a paid sub with them atm, that expired in January.

I may try that tomorrow.

KiwiChris
10-04-10, 06:29
Di I had an ancestry sub when I bought mine and so waited until it expired. I couldn't get it to activate and I emailed them and said it wouldn't work. They gave me worldwide ancestry when they fixed it so that was a bonus.

Same for me, it was wonderful because I found out heaps about the branch of the family who went to America, probably would not have bothered otherwise!

Elaine
10-04-10, 12:18
You might need to register Family Tree Maker first, before trying to activate the free 3 months sub.
Not sure where the REGISTER tab is on FTM2008 - probably on the drop down HELP menu.

GenieDi
10-04-10, 14:10
Thanks all, i have sent an email for help, it is just going round in circles the registration is not going through, I tried it all last night and again today, will wait to see what they say. I have already had to run it in xp compatibility mode as it wouldn't load at all, even after downloading a patch...

GenieDi
10-04-10, 15:23
Already had a reply and they are going to sort it out for me, hooray!

GenieDi
10-04-10, 16:49
Should be all sorted by monday evening - tuesday latest.

Kit
12-04-10, 07:04
Well done. Mine was done quite quickly.

Happy hunting.

Same for me, it was wonderful because I found out heaps about the branch of the family who went to America, probably would not have bothered otherwise!

Same for me. I didn't realise some had gone to the US but they came up in a search.