From FreeBMD I have the following:
Births Sep 1890
STOCK Albert Oscar G Bedminster 5c 687

Surname First name(s) Age District Vol Page
Deaths Jun 1891
Stock Oscar Albert G 0 Barton R 6a 61

Births Dec 1894
Stock Oscar Albert C Barton R. 6a 64

The first Oscar was born, appeared on the 1891 and died. I suspect the second Oscar is brother to the first but I can not find him on the 1901 nor death indexes.

The parents are Albert Charles (b 1866 Bristol) and Kate Sophia (b 1867 Bristol Glos) Stock. Kate dies in 1902 and Albert remarries Elizabeth Alice Wagstaff in 1906.

On the 1911 Elizabeth is the head of the house, Albert is the husband and they have 2 children. One is Kate's and the other Elizabeth's but it doesn't say how many children were born or died so that is no help.

Can anyone find him?

Merry
06-04-10, 10:07
Erm......No!

Maybe he is one of those elusive death registrations that didn't make it to the GRO?

I hope someone else can find him for you.

Merry
06-04-10, 10:10
Or maybe he belonged to a different family who emigrated before 1901?

Kit
06-04-10, 10:39
Thanks for trying Merry. At least you didn't do it in 2 seconds and put me to shame.

Tom Tom
06-04-10, 10:48
Just a quick note to say I have tried and can't find him either.

Sorry.

Margaret in Burton
06-04-10, 11:19
Do you know that the one born in 1894 is their son? Do you have the birth cert? If so, where does it say he was born on the cert?

Kit
06-04-10, 12:24
No Marg I don't know. I had Oscar born 1890 on the census and went to find the birth ref. I also found the death ref and the 1894 birth ref. I wondered if the second belonged to the same family but can't find the second Oscar to rule him in or out.

It is a side line for me so I'm not going to buy the cert for now. Just trying to see if I should pencil him in or not.

Thanks for trying Tom.

Uncle John
06-04-10, 12:28
I have 2 brothers of the same name in a family in Sunderland. I know the first one died aged 6 because I've got his d.c. And he was baptised. But there's no sign of his birth. The registrars in Sunderland have been through all their registers for the time-frame and there's no sign of him.

anne fraser
06-04-10, 19:20
No luck so far but I think the Stocks must have crossed the river Bedminster comes under Somerset and Barton Hill comes under Gloucestershire in old records although they are only a couple of miles apart.

Kit
07-04-10, 01:26
Thanks for looking Anne. Just had a thought to check Bedminster parish records on line but there don't appear to be any and I tried Gloucestershire yesterday but coouldn't find anything either.

UJ I've come across 2 children of the same name in a family before which is why I thought the second Oscar may be mine. I've just never had such problems finding something to link the 2 children to a family.