PDA

View Full Version : GRO Consular Marriage Index

Sue from Southend
05-04-10, 13:05
This probably a stupid question but I'm sure that there must be member that has ordered a certificate using this and can offer some advice!

I've found on FMP: 1906 - 1910, vol 10, p46 Frederick W Webster m Josafina Pelaghi(?) in Buenos Aires

However I'm not sure how to order the certificate :( There's a box to tick for an overseas cert, so far so good, do I put that I know the GRO index ref and what about the year that the event was registered - I don't have an exact year... :confused:

Sue from Southend
05-04-10, 13:16
OK I've just started filling out an application for this. I put that I know the ref and put 1906 as the year of registration...

Next form asked for names etc, and year of event which for I've put "unknown". Then there is only one box for the GRO Ref in which I've put "Buenos Aires, vol 10, p 46"

Do you think this will do?

Merry
05-04-10, 13:51
I might have put '1906-1910' or 'page range 1906-1910' rather than 'unknown', but I would think you will still get the cert.

*crosses fingers*

Sue from Southend
05-04-10, 13:54
Thanks Merry will try that! However I've just double checked the brides entry because of the spelling and she's in vol 12! So now I'm wondering whether to leave off the vol number completely....

Merry
05-04-10, 14:02
Put 10 or 12?

Sue from Southend
05-04-10, 14:21
You can only put a year (yyyy) in for when the event took place so I left it blank!

Changed the volume numbers as suggested and pressed submit......and I might as well not worried about any of it as the only thing that shows is the year, 1906! No mention of Buenos Aires etc. I assume that the index is so small the names will be easy enough to find in an index beginning in 1906. At least I hope so.:(

Off to pay now will let you know if I get it in a couple of weeks ....:d

Thanks for the moral support Merry!

Merry
05-04-10, 14:50
Thanks for the moral support Merry!

lol!!

Sue from Southend
15-04-10, 16:14
Received this today :) - and it's the right one which makes a change for me lately....:d

Frederick Webster was my 1st cousin twice removed.....apparently. But somehow he feels closer!