PDA

View Full Version : It works!!!!!!!!!!!!

HarrysMum
19-03-10, 03:32
I've been adding to the Take on G Grandparent threads since they started and today I got a hit...

Someone was trawling Google and found one of mine. He pm'd here. So a great result.

Thank you.

Kit
19-03-10, 06:11
Well done Libby.

I tried to google my first one and couldn't find my own thread, si I gave up. I'm glad you had success.

Jill
19-03-10, 16:06
Good to hear of your success, fingers crossed for the rest of us!

WendyPusey
19-03-10, 16:16
None of mine come up when I Google.

kiterunner
19-03-10, 17:35
Your threads come up for me when I google the names of the people (plus their birthplace for the ones with common names), Wendy. And the same for yours, Kit.

HarrysMum
19-03-10, 19:32
Well mine must have, because this fellow joined this site just to pm me.

A win win.....

Kit
20-03-10, 01:21
Your threads come up for me when I google the names of the people (plus their birthplace for the ones with common names), Wendy. And the same for yours, Kit.

Thanks Kate. I couldn't find it, but if someone else can them that's what's important.

borobabs
20-03-10, 08:02
Briliant news Libby so chuffed for you dear ;;nice to know it works at least ;;

WendyPusey
20-03-10, 09:50

Glad someone can find them, because they still don't come up for me.;( Will wait in hope.

HarrysMum
20-03-10, 10:16
Wendy....try this one

"Amelia Mepham Nation" in Google. She's mine and it just came up for me.

Mary from Italy
20-03-10, 16:37
It doesn't for me. All I'm getting is an FTF thread of yours :)

My own threads on here are coming up, but I tried searching for one of Wendy's and didn't find it.

kiterunner
20-03-10, 16:49
That Amelia one is listed as "Amelia Meffen/Mepham NATION"

HarrysMum
20-03-10, 18:36
That's very odd??????????

I put "Amelia Mepham Nation" (exactly like that) and the ONLY hit I got was here....not FTF at all......lol

kiterunner
20-03-10, 19:01
Ah, when you say exactly like that, do you mean with or without the inverted commas? It finds a match on here without them, but not with!

Mary from Italy
20-03-10, 21:16
I searched for "Amelia Mepham Nation" (with inverted commas), and only got a hit on FTF, which is correct, because it doesn't look as though Libby's original thread actually contains that phrase.

Searching without inverted commas did bring up this site, but the result seems odd to me: the search result seemed to be based on the TOGG7 tag (whatever that is), and brought up a lot of threads as well as Libby's which have nothing to do with Amelia Mepham Nation.

This is the result I got:

http://genealogistsforum.com/forum/tags.php?tag=togg7

What on earth is the reason for that?

kiterunner
20-03-10, 21:57
Don't know, but it must be to do with the way Google bots work.