PDA

View Full Version : Take one 2xg-grandparent - poll for week 10

kiterunner
17-03-10, 07:20
Take one 2xg-grandparent is our weekly challenge to focus research, with its own separate board. Each week we focus on one particular ancestor, for instance week 1 was father's father's father's mother, and you post up all the "vital information" you have about them, then spend the week trying to fill in the blanks with help from the rest of us.

Please vote for which 2xg-grandfather we should focus on in week 10.

ElizabethHerts
17-03-10, 08:15
Kiterunner, could I ask a question please?

We are voting for for one out of four possible 2xgt grandparents. We have already posted nine. That makes 13 2xgt grandparents.

I still have seven 2xgt grandparents left to post (a total of 16 great-great-grandparents).

Are you "reserving" the other three for a later poll? (I'm a little confused this morning!)

kiterunner
17-03-10, 08:54
Elizabeth, we do a man one week and then a woman the next, so this week we are only choosing from 2xg-grandfathers and then next time we'll be choosing from 2xg-grandmothers. This was because when we started on the 2xg's if we put them all in together we would have needed a poll with 16 entries and it would have been too unwieldy. Also it makes it obvious at a glance which are the new entries each week.

ElizabethHerts
17-03-10, 10:23
Kiterunner, I thought there was a simple explanation! I just couldn't think what it was!