PDA

View Full Version : Any idea why?

KiwiChris
11-03-10, 07:04
I have a marriage of Graham Lycett Dec q 1915 with the bride listed as Annie L L Meade, and Wainwright. I have checked the originals on free BMD and she is listed separately under both names with Lycett as the groom.

Any idea why she should appear twice like this?

I am trying to find more about her, but without an idea of her name I can't find a date of birth. This is my clergy research and we don't spend money on certificates so I can't find her that way.

I have found a G Lycett on a ship from Colombo to Plymouth in 1914 and there was a Miss Meade who also boarded in Colombo, so she might have been foreign born.

JessBow
11-03-10, 07:11
I wonder if her mother remarried, Annie subsequently married and though ''Shucks, my name is Meade really''

Or a second marraige for her? any idea what LL stands for?

kiterunner
11-03-10, 07:24
Usually if two surnames are given for the bride, she was a widow (or divorcee) and one is her maiden name and the other her married name, but it could also be that she was a spinster but had been known by two different surnames, e.g. her father's surname and her stepfather's, or her mother's and her stepfather's. I can't see a previous marriage for her on FreeBMD, but of course her first marriage could have been in another country.

kiterunner
11-03-10, 07:28
Is she Annie L L Lycett who died Jul-Sep 1954 Eastbourne, Sussex, age 67? In which case she would be born about 1887, if that's any help.

KiwiChris
11-03-10, 07:38
Is she Annie L L Lycett who died Jul-Sep 1954 Eastbourne, Sussex, age 67? In which case she would be born about 1887, if that's any help.

How did I miss that!

Looks very likely, thanks!

And I have no idea of the LL Jess, no births under either name that has double middle names starting with L