PDA

View Full Version : Just a small success

marquette
11-03-10, 00:19
I had been looking for the death of my great-great grandfather Reuben Page, who lived most of his life in and around Birmingham. I knew he was alive in 1881, where he was boarding with his son A.H.Page, although he had altered his age by several years, but was not in the 1891 census.

There was no obvious death registration in the area on freebmd, but one in West Ham in 1890 was matching in age, approximately.

So I took a gamble and sent for the West Ham certificate, - and when it arrived it seems to be him - Reuben Page, age 82, carpenter, registered by his son A.Page of Walthamstow.

Now if I can be as lucky with his wife Elizabeth Page - in 1881 she is with her daughter in New Spring St Birmingham, in 1891 daughter is in Corley Warwickshire, no mum. By age limits, it should be the one registered in Kings Norton in Sep 1885 - fingers crossed !

Di

Kit
11-03-10, 02:29
*fingers crossed *

Good gamble. Hopefully you will be lucky twice.

Georgette
11-03-10, 12:01
Well done, Di :)

Lemon Nelly
19-03-10, 19:14
No such thing as a small success...if you want to know something and then find it, it feels like you climbed Everest and skate boarded back down the way, so well done you xx