PDA

View Full Version : Take one 2xg-grandparent - poll for week 9

kiterunner
10-03-10, 07:15
Take one 2xg-grandparent is our weekly challenge to focus research, with its own separate board. Each week we focus on one particular ancestor, for instance week 1 was father's father's father's mother, and you post up all the "vital information" you have about them, then spend the week trying to fill in the blanks with help from the rest of us.

Please vote for which 2xg-grandmother we should focus on in week 9.

bidston
11-03-10, 09:56
i have waited patiently for someone else to ask, but to know avail, is this on another forum, and can anyone play

kiterunner
11-03-10, 09:59
This is the link to the board, if that's what you mean?
http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Yes, anyone can take part.

bidston
11-03-10, 10:28
thanks for that kiterunner, too advanced for me i am afraid, not got any of that info for mine

maggie_4_7
11-03-10, 11:20
Bidston

That's the point though maybe someone else can help fill in the gaps also what I've found is you don't know what you've really got until you write it down in some order which has helped me.

bidston
12-03-10, 02:20
only have a name, thats not much of a start

marquette
12-03-10, 02:23
We have done more with less than that - put it up, many of us love a difficult one.
Name, approx date and place of birth - or that of a child, will give us an idea where to start.

maggie_4_7
12-03-10, 02:29
only have a name, thats not much of a start
Well it is a starting point.

bidston
12-03-10, 03:03
o.k. would like to join in, how or rather where do i post it and how do i word the title

marquette
12-03-10, 03:56
After the toggp is announced on Friday (Sydney time) go to the Take one 2xgreat grandparent on the "Research" board (menu) (one up from Research Questions) and start a new thread, with just the TGGP's name. If you go to that page you will see what we have already done - then just put in the post what you know - in your case, if you know about the children, it might help us as starting place.

bidston
12-03-10, 05:11
i got it, clear as mud, will wait till sydney time, whoever that is, makes his announcement and start a new thread, ta very much

bidston
12-03-10, 05:19
just checked poll, i was gonna put MMFF but that's not this week, I'll wait

marquette
12-03-10, 05:45
Sorry, bideston, didn't mean to be as clear as mud.

Kiterunner starts the new TOGGP, with a message at the top of the Take One Two-great grandparent Thread when the poll is finished. It's usually on Friday, but as I am in Sydney Australia, its Friday evening, which is probably Friday morning in England, where most people (on the forum I mean) are.

Diane

kiterunner
12-03-10, 07:20
Here's the link to the thread with all the info about how to post:

http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=3729

And this is the link to the board where you should see the "New thread" button:
http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24