PDA

View Full Version : Scottish census records.

Fi aka Wheelie Spice
09-03-10, 13:20
Having met with newly found relatives this weekend I have been given a photocopy of a paper clip about a man we believe is connected to our family. He received the Military Cross. I have found him on Ancestry on the Scottish census of 1901 but I cant view the image.

Please can someone advise me where I can view scotttish census images please as I need to track down the history of this family.

Thank you

Macbev
09-03-10, 14:19
You need to go to Scotland's People, Fi....they have all the Scottish stuff.
http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

Six pounds will buy you thirty credits. One credit to bring up the reference, five more to view the image. Keep your password details somewhere safe and you will be able to view the image at any time.

Fi aka Wheelie Spice
09-03-10, 14:56
Thank you Beverley. I found them on 2 census and in 1881 the father was in India for some time as 4 of his children were born there.

JBee
09-03-10, 15:46
You can also view the images of births over 100 years, marriages over 75 and deaths over 50 years which is really quick and easy if you have scottish relllies.

Fi aka Wheelie Spice
09-03-10, 16:42
This man was born in Isle of Man and I am still to find the connection to my ancestors.

JBee, It was actually the Military Cross that he got and not the VC that I posted the other evening - my apologies. I have found him Mentioned in Dispatches.

JBee
09-03-10, 17:51
No problem - still nice to have some recognition of his bravery.