PDA

View Full Version : Mulroy family help required please

Lynn the Forest Fan
01-03-10, 06:46
I have 2 favours to ask for hubby's Mulroy family.
First, could sks check the death of Mary Mulroy in 1957. Does it give a date of birth & what are the details please?

Secondly, I have found a tree on Ancestry with Edward Mulroy c1866 Co Mayo, it is called the Mulroy family tree, I would love more details, to find out if it is connected to hubby's family.

Many thanks

kiterunner
01-03-10, 06:49
They didn't put date of birth on till the 1960's, but she was 89 if that's any help.

Lynn the Forest Fan
01-03-10, 07:12
Thanks Kate, I couldn't remember when they started putting on the date.

garstonite
01-03-10, 08:27
Hiya Lynn...I have PM`d you....allan:)

Lynn the Forest Fan
01-03-10, 08:54
Thanks Allan :)
Can anyone see the Ancestry tree?

Margaret in Burton
01-03-10, 14:15
Thanks Allan :)
Can anyone see the Ancestry tree?

I can see it. Edward Mulroy died 1930 Widnes parents Bernard Mulroy and Ann Gibbons. Is that the one?

Lynn the Forest Fan
01-03-10, 15:17
Well the Edward Mulroy that I was looking for died in 1902, Ann Gibbons was the name of his sister in law, who was married to his cousin, also Edward. He had a brother called Bernard & they did live in Widnes, so it looks like there might be a connection, even if it does seem a little bit jumbled up.

Margaret in Burton
01-03-10, 15:53
Have you contacted the owner of the tree Lynn?

Lynn the Forest Fan
01-03-10, 15:59
Am I able to contact them, if I don't have a sub?
Btw, having checked , the Edward mulroy who died in 1930 is the one who was married to Anne Gibbons.

Margaret in Burton
01-03-10, 16:30
Ah, no. Just logged out to check.

Yes, Ann was his wife.

I'll contact them for you if you like.

PM me what you want to say and your email address.

Lynn the Forest Fan
01-03-10, 16:36
Thanks Marg, I will do :)

garstonite
01-03-10, 22:24
we go to Widnes every wednesday..market day...it`s only 5 miles from Garston.......if you need a visit anywhere let me know....allan:)

Lynn the Forest Fan
02-03-10, 06:01
Oh thanks Allan, the Mulroys & other members of hubby's family came from the Farnworth/Ditton/Cronton area.

garstonite
02-03-10, 06:36
if you picture a clockface and the centre is Widnes - Cronton is at 12 and Ditton is at 6 .Farnworth is central...I am very close to Ditton and I get my petrol there so any time Lynn you need a photo etc , let me know....The good thing about this area is that they are a very very close knitted community...I`ll bet you if I went in a pub and asked about Mulroy....someone would have a phone number of one....it`s literally up the road from me....allan:)

Lynn the Forest Fan
02-03-10, 06:50
Thats really interesting Allan, thanks. The 3 places seem to be fairly interchangeable for birth places for the census.

garstonite
04-03-10, 07:04
Good morning Lynn..........there are 2 Mulroy entries in the phonebook (I have in front of me) in Widnes......would you like me to PM them to you ?.....allan

Lynn the Forest Fan
05-03-10, 20:19
Thanks for the offer Allan, but I don't think I will be trying to contact anyone just yet :)

Lynn the Forest Fan
07-04-10, 12:40
Well I have heard back from the gentleman with the Ancestry tree & it sounds like he does have some information, but he doesn't think that the 2 Edwards are related, other than being married to 2 sisters, whilst my information says that they were cousins. According to my information there was a lot of inter family marrying, with the brother of the 2 sisters apparently marrying a sister of Edward Mulroy (d 1902) & their son marrying Edward's daughter. Also another of Edward Mulroy's sisters married & their daughter married Edward Mulroy (d 1930)'s son. Phew!

garstonite
08-04-10, 06:18
according to a mate of mine the Mulroy family all drank in the Ball o Ditton , which was the official name of the Ditton British Legion social club......they were all members and a very close knit family (always sat in the same seats etc ...lol)
the club shut down a couple of years ago....maybe the British Legion have records of some sort ??.....allan:)

Lynn the Forest Fan
08-04-10, 19:28
Thats interesting Allan! I shall have to speak to my fil at the weekend to see if he can remember anything else.