PDA

View Full Version : Laura Schlagentweith

kiterunner
26-02-10, 07:18
I know very little about her - any help much appreciated!

Name - "official" name and what they were known as Laura Schlagentweith
Date and place of birth 1 Aug 1863 Friedrichshafen, Bodenseekreis, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Names of parents Johann David Schlagentweith and Rosine Katharine Kussmaul
Date and place of baptism - if applicable 11 Aug 1863 Friedrichshafen
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 11 May 1889 at Stuttgart, Wurttemberg, to Leonhard Friedrich Otto Meyer.
Occupation(s) - if any Don't know
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on. Sommerstr 9, Furth, Bavaria, Germany, in 1918
Date, place and cause of death Don't know
Date and place of burial / cremation. Don't know
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Don't know
Memorial inscription - if any Don't know

All I do know is that she and her husband had two children - Elisabeth born about 1890 and a much younger son Ludwig. I will reread a family memoir that I have to see if there is any other info about her in it. Also it is just possible there is a photo of her somewhere so I will have a look for that.

Another spelling of surname is Schlagintweit.

kiterunner
26-02-10, 09:52
Having read part 1 of the memoir, it seems she was born in Wurtenburg and she died not long before 1950 in Furth, having been injured in an air raid on Nuremberg.

kiterunner
26-02-10, 09:56
And here is a photo of her.

garstonite
02-03-10, 08:03
I have found a MEYER in Furth , Bavaria in a family tree...the problem is the tree name is only 1979...the member is in USA and has left her e-mail address AND her postal address...I don`t know if it`s relevant but next to the
Furth ,Bavaria it has as it`s Geography Zone--Mittlefranken,Bayern,Germany
would you like me to PM you the e-mail and postal address ?.....allan:)
I`ll send it anyway

kiterunner
02-03-10, 08:11
Thanks, but it's a very common name, Allan. I had a look at the Bavarian WW1 soldiers on ancestry and there were loads of Meyers from Furth in there but I don't think any of them were related to me. All the German surnames seem to be very common, much like Welsh surnames!

garstonite
02-03-10, 08:15
OK ....you weren`t online 5 mins ago , so I`ve sent it anyway....never mind....allan:)

kiterunner
02-03-10, 08:23
Thanks, Allan.