PDA

View Full Version : richard Tipping in 1871 census (possibly Garston)

garstonite
22-02-10, 07:28
Good morning...trying to see if someone who has contacted me through a PM on GR ....if we have a connection..(and pigs might fly) lol..

OK so this lady has Ann Tipping b c1866 with her father Richard..born Liverpool
.having checked on freebmd and Lancsbmd ,there are only 2 possibilities of marriage for Richard Tipping in Liverpool around this time

Richard Tipping to Ellen Waring 1859

Richard Tipping to Eliza Egan in 1861 ....
so my possible connection is that in Garston I have Richard Tipping b 1839 as a sibling of my Direct relly....after checking for Ann Tipping b c 1866 Liverpool there is only ONE b around 1866 in Liverpool and that is
Ann Jane Tipping b 1864 West Derby (Garstons reg area) sep qtr

so I would like to find out if there is a Richard Tipping with a daughter Ann aged 6 in the 1871 census in Liverpool and whether his wifes name is Ellen or Eliza ...and if Richard is 31 /32 he could be my relly...if he IS in Garston he is definitely mine...
Thanks in advance.....going for a trawl now but any help appreciated....allan:)

kiterunner
22-02-10, 07:48
Don't forget that Ann's parents could have got married many years before her birth! She could be the youngest of 20 children for all we know! If I were you I would ask your contact for more info about her Tipping family. I can't see an Ann with father Richard on the 1871 or 1881 census.

garstonite
22-02-10, 08:22
thanks Kiterunner and I agree totally...IF her Ann b c1866 is with her dad Richard aged 31/32 there`s a POSSIBILITY he might be my Richard b 1839....if Ann is with dad Richard and dad is 40 upwards he`s NOT mine...quite Frankly on GR you might wait a week for a reply (Sunday morning researchers) so if I found Richard 31 / Ann 6 then I would take notice ..until that happens I will treat it as another "slight possibility"...I`m learning...lol
cheers....allan:d

Merry
22-02-10, 11:49
If your contact is who I think she is then she has Ann Tipping b 1866 Liverpool on her tree and Ann's husband, John Potter b 1866 Liverpool as well.

They were married in 1866 at Liverpool, Our Lady & St. Nicholas & St. Anne.

I would imagine Richard's name is from the marriage cert .

I can see Ann (called Annie) and John Potter together in 1891 and 1901.

Also with them in 1901 is John's sister-in-law, Jane Shaw (married) who could well be Ann's sister:

Marriages Jun 1877
BLYTHE Charlotte Ann Liverpool 8b 263
Jones James Liverpool 8b 263
Shaw James Liverpool 8b 263 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<,
TIPPING Jane Liverpool 8b 263 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ann is aged 47 in 1901 so if her father is also Richard Tipping he is unlikely to have been b in 1839 and a father at 14!

I had a very quick look back for Jane and Ann Tipping but can't pin down two sisters with a father called Richard (a Richard of any age).

Merry
22-02-10, 14:34
I have followed your Richard forward. He is still single in 1861 (occ railway guard) and in 1871 he is a railway inspector married to Mary Ann and there's only one child in the house, Paulina J Tipping b Manchester in 1869. So, no Anns or Janes as children for yours! (unless they are away from home lol)

Merry
22-02-10, 14:55
Oops, your Richard may have had some other children before 1871 - there's an Ann Agnes Tipping (8) and an Ellen Tipping (6) living with Richard's parents on the 1871 census and they are with Richard in 1881.

As Ann Agnes is dangerously close in age to the Ann presented to you by your GR contact I thought I should check what happened to her......She married William Blackburn in 1888 so I think you are still safe from your new contact :rolleyes:

garstonite
23-02-10, 07:58
Thanks Merry.....could be a fitted kitchen AND fitted wardrobes coming your way ...lol...I have invited the contact to join GF and yes you are right..she is the descendant of John Potter and Ann Tipping....so we are different families...for the record , were any of those census returns you found in Garston ?.....cheers....allan:)

Merry
23-02-10, 08:51
From memory they were not, though they were all Lancs/Cheshire area. Your Richard was moving around because of his job I expect. Most (all?) of his children were b in Manchester.

John and Ann Potter were in the parish of West Derby after their marriage.

*checks kitchen brochures*

garstonite
23-02-10, 10:15
Thanks Merry......go for the Granite top.....lol.allan:)

Merry
23-02-10, 10:17
Thanks Merry......go for the Granite top.....lol.allan:)

Will do! :D