PDA

View Full Version : Carl Friedrich

kiterunner
19-02-10, 11:23
Name - "official" name and what they were known as Carl Friedrich
Date and place of birth 28th January 1853 at Listen, parish of Klingenbrunn, Germany
Names of parents Josef Friedrich and Therese Bauer
Date and place of baptism - if applicable 28 Jan 1853 Oberkreuzberg, Bavaria, Germany
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 16th May 1883 Nurnberg (Nuremberg) to Anna Johanna Babette Margarethe Frederieke Schmidt
Occupation(s) - if any Librarian
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on. Lived in Nurnberg at time of marriage, supposed to have lived in the USA afterwards, probably didn't though.
Date, place and cause of death 21 Jul 1894 Erlangen, Bavaria, Germany, according to his birth record in the Oberkreuzberg Kirchenbucher
Date and place of burial / cremation. Don't know
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Don't know
Memorial inscription - if any Don't know

Unfortunately the 1890 US census was destroyed, which is the only one he is likely to be on. His mother is supposed to have been living in America when Carl and Anna got married, but I don't know what state, and I haven't managed to find any of them on any passenger list between Germany and the USA (Anna is supposed to have returned to Germany with young sons Eugen Hermann and Otto after Carl's death).

Update - I have found Carl's mother and several of his siblings on a passenger list to the USA but this was before Carl and Anna got married and Carl was not with the family on the passenger list. Still not found any record of Carl and Anna emigrating but if they travelled separately, it could be difficult to find the right people.