PDA

View Full Version : Surplus used microfilms offered for disposal (TNA)

JayG
16-02-10, 12:20
Not a research question but i'm not sure which borard to post this on

Following the introduction of online access to digital images in the reading rooms at Kew, The National Archives is disposing of the batches of redundant microfilms listed in the following schedule (see PDF below).

The films are offered on an 'as seen' basis with no warranty or guarantee offered as to their quality or completeness. They may not be used for digitisation, publication or any commercial re-use. Any copyright restrictions on the films or their content will remain after disposal. Applications are invited in writing only: by email, webform or letter and only requests for whole batches will be accepted.

The films will be allocated by lottery, carrying out a draw using numbered balls, with a separate draw for each batch. This offer opens on 15 February 2010 at 10:00 UK time and closes on 5 March 2010 at 17:00 UK time. Requests will not be accepted before or after these dates.

The National Archives is not seeking payment for these films, but successful applicants will meet all costs of removing the films from The National Archives, Kew. The successful applicants must remove the films, by appointment, on Monday 15 March 2010, Monday 22 March 2010, or Monday 29 March 2010.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/news/424.htm

kiterunner
16-02-10, 16:59
Oh, I would love to look at the Quaker records, but don't really think I have space to store 240 films and I would need to get a microfilm reader. But anyway, they're the same ones that are on the BMD Registers website, so I suppose it's unlikely I would find the entries I'm looking for.

Hopefully some Family History Societies and the like will bid for them.