PDA

View Full Version : Timing query

Mary from Italy
01-08-23, 15:21
My son has tested with Ancestry, and his results should arrive at the end of this week. I'm managing his test.

I'm interested to know whether the following will appear immediately, or if they take a while to come through:

- Thrulines

- matches by parent

- full breakdown of ethnicity estimate (showing communities in each region).

I'm intending to put a private searchable tree online for him so I can take advantage of Thrulines, but I thought I'd wait till his communities are showing, because they're extremely accurate in my case, but I had the awful thought that maybe Ancestry had based them on my tree rather than my DNA.

Am I being too cynical here?

Mary from Italy
01-08-23, 15:26
I must say it's been very quick; I only sent off the test a month ago, and they were estimating 2 months at the time.

kiterunner
01-08-23, 15:51
Thrulines takes a couple of days to come through. Matches by parent might not show up until the next time they update them. I think the ethnicity estimate comes through immediately. It is not based on your tree.

Mary from Italy
01-08-23, 16:02
OK, thanks. I know it's not supposed to be based on your tree, but it was so accurate I just had a sneaking doubt :)

I remember that with my tree the communities came through much later than the main estimate, but that was no doubt because they'd only just been introduced.

Phoenix
01-08-23, 16:39
Matches by parent come through more or less immediately.

Mary from Italy
01-08-23, 18:55
OK, thanks. They should be obvious in this case, but you never know.