PDA

View Full Version : Lost Cousins and the Irish 1911 census

Olde Crone
04-02-10, 21:03
This month's newsletter from Lost Cousins states that you can now enter your Irish relatives on the Lost Cousins site, as they appear on the Irish 1911 census.

Worth a go if you have Irish ancestors as I would think every little helps where Irish research is concerned!

OC

kiterunner
04-02-10, 21:56
That's interesting, thanks OC. I've got one family of rellies in Ireland in 1911 and I seem to remember you can enter rellies who aren't direct ancestors as well as those who are? It's a long time since I've added any rellies on that site, hope I can remember how it works!

Olde Crone
04-02-10, 22:03
Kate

Actually, you can now enter virtually anyone, they don't have to be a relative. I have found that quite useful for getting slightly more distant contacts, e.g. I entered some people in the same street as I had a feeling they were relatives but couldn't find the link.

Someone contacted me and we managed to work out that there was a link, but a bit more remote than I had hoped.

OC

kiterunner
04-02-10, 22:31
I managed to add them, although it is quite strange how you have to put in the reference code for the Irish census as you have to get it from the URL of the page showing the image.