PDA

View Full Version : All access Ancestry

Kit
22-02-23, 00:28
How do we get this? All I can see is worldwide, which does not include newspapers or FOLD.

I probably won't subscribe but I'm curious. Even google can't seem to help.

kiterunner
22-02-23, 08:47
If I click on my username in the top right-hand corner, and select Account Settings, then scroll down to "Modify membership", it shows all the options, with All access membership at the bottom.

kiterunner
22-02-23, 09:15
Ah, I found a blog post which says that All Access membership isn't available in Australia:
https://namecensus.com/blog/which-is-the-best-ancestry-membership-for-you/

Merry
22-02-23, 10:32
I have Ancestry UK worldwide membership. Sometimes when I google I get Ancestry results from 'overseas' datasets which open when I click them, but I can't seem to access those datasets from within Ancestry. No doubt I'm approaching it the wrong way and No, I don't remember any examples! :o

Mary from Italy
22-02-23, 16:47
I have Ancestry UK worldwide membership. Sometimes when I google I get Ancestry results from 'overseas' datasets which open when I click them, but I can't seem to access those datasets from within Ancestry. No doubt I'm approaching it the wrong way and No, I don't remember any examples! :o

You just need to change the url from ancestry.com or whatever to ancestry.co.uk (assuming that's the site you're subscribed to).

Alternatively, sign in with your usual password.

Merry
22-02-23, 19:28
It's when I'm signed in on co.uk that I can't access (or find) the data sets that appear when I google.

Having looked at my tree, I think the data that appeared in the results of my google search were for Denmark. The data sets all had Denmark in the title, but when I look for Denmark in the Card Catalogue there are no matches.

Mary from Italy
22-02-23, 21:20
Can you post the address of one of the sites you've found by googling?

Janet
22-02-23, 21:30
I thought I'd found the smoking gun. I put 'Denmark' into the Card Catalog search.

Going in via .com I got 37 hits, then I changed .com to .co.uk and got zero.

Then I noticed my .co.uk search had a checkmark in "Only records from the UK and Ireland" and I unchecked that. All 37 hits came up. :rolleyes:

Mary from Italy
22-02-23, 21:39
Ah, I bet that's the answer to Merry's problem.

Merry
23-02-23, 07:05
Can you post the address of one of the sites you've found by googling?

Hopefully I won't have to admit to not being able to remember who I was researching!! :D

Just going to look at Janet's tip now......

Merry
23-02-23, 07:08
Yep, that's it! Thank you Janet. I was too busy feeling annoyed to wonder if there was an answer staring me in the face!!

I still don't know ........ EDIT - I've just remembered who it was now, so I can finally do some searching.

Thanks again!

Janet
23-02-23, 16:33
Welcome.
:) :) :)

Kit
23-02-23, 19:19
Ah, I found a blog post which says that All Access membership isn't available in Australia:
https://namecensus.com/blog/which-is-the-best-ancestry-membership-for-you/

Thanks.

I normally purchase a UK sub, not an aussie one, but it is interesting that we can't get the all access downunder.

Kit
23-02-23, 19:21
Merry you aren't alone in not unticking that box. I get frustrated too until I remember to do it. :)