PDA

View Full Version : FMP subscription

ElizabethHerts
28-10-22, 16:14
My FMP subscription expires today. They wanted me to upgrade but I've taken it off Autorenewal. They were offering me a 15% discount.

I don't want to pay extra for the 1921 Census as I have already found most of my family members. I'm waiting for the Scottish 1921 Census to find my father's Scottish family and him in Glasgow.

Facebook are now advertising 20% off until midnight October 31st. It's cheaper than renewing with FMP.

I'm renewing for Pro for £143.99. The loyalty discounted price is more.

JBee
29-10-22, 09:01
I got an email yesterday or day before offering 20% off and am also waiting for the Scottish 2021 census.

Does anyone know whether it will be on FMP or only on Scotlandspeople

kiterunner
29-10-22, 09:02
Only on Scotlands People.

ElizabethHerts
29-10-22, 09:09
I do get annoyed when the loyalty discount is less than special offers to non-members. There's not much point being on auto-renewal.

JBee
29-10-22, 14:55
Thanks Kite.

kiterunner
04-12-22, 15:22
Sorry that this is going to annoy you, Elizabeth, but I have received a "personalised" offer of 40% off a Plus or Pro annual subscription which shows up as a "loyalty discount" when I look at the subscription page although I am not currently subscribed! I probably won't be taking it up, though, because it doesn't apply to the Premium subscription and I assume that if I took the offer and then upgraded to Premium they would charge me the difference to make it up to the full price.

JBee
04-12-22, 15:58
Yes I got the same invitation Kite and have got until 9th Dec to decide whether to take it up or not.

My ancestry runs out next month but they don't seem to offer any discounts anymore only for DNA.

ElizabethHerts
04-12-22, 16:33
Sorry that this is going to annoy you, Elizabeth, but I have received a "personalised" offer of 40% off a Plus or Pro annual subscription which shows up as a "loyalty discount" when I look at the subscription page although I am not currently subscribed! I probably won't be taking it up, though, because it doesn't apply to the Premium subscription and I assume that if I took the offer and then upgraded to Premium they would charge me the difference to make it up to the full price.

Yes, Kate, it really makes me mad. At least I got 20% off, which is better than the paltry 15% they were offering me.

kiterunner
07-12-22, 18:49
Has anyone taken up the 40% discount offer on a Pro subscription, and if so, have you checked what the price would be to upgrade to Premium?