PDA

View Full Version : Ancestry new homepage

kiterunner
09-05-22, 16:05
Oh no! My "new and improved homepage is here!" And it says my quick links are going away. I won't be able to find anything. Edit - phew, it only says I won't be able to add any more quick links. The ones I already have aren't being removed.

Phoenix
09-05-22, 16:54
Got to be better than Family Search. Records are disappearing from their browsing list, which is a complete bummer: it's the one site where you can readily see what they have.

Merry
09-05-22, 19:14
And it says my quick links are going away.

What are quick links?

kiterunner
09-05-22, 21:43
What are quick links?

They used to have a thing allowing you to edit your own home page by adding links to whatever Ancestry pages you want to be able to get to easily. I have loads - PCC Wills, National Probate Calendar, various London databases, Australian BMD's, etc.

Merry
09-05-22, 22:11
Oh OK thanks. I've used Ancestry for 20 years, but I've never been to the Home Page!

I've just looked now - the option to customise is still there for me.

I almost never search individual datasets. :o

ElizabethHerts
09-05-22, 22:18
Oh OK thanks. I've used Ancestry for 20 years, but I've never been to the Home Page!

I've just looked now - the option to customise is still there for me.

I almost never search individual datasets. :o

I use named datasets probably 90 per cent of the time, on Ancestry, FMP and Family Search. The catalogue on Family Search is very useful as you can go straight to a specific parish and often view the images. Also there are some will sets, which are invaluable for Cornwall OPC.

Merry
10-05-22, 08:46
The only reason I generally don't use named datasets is that I would always be wondering if I'd missed something in another data set!