PDA

View Full Version : PCC Wills missing on Ancestry

Phoenix
13-04-22, 10:56
William Bedcott's will was proved in the PCC: https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/browse/r/r/D597049

I can't find it on Ancestry, nor other wills in PROB 11/656.

This of course happens just as TNA remove free access to online downloads.

Can anybody find it? I know in a previous instance, I looked something up for Merry, and was allowed access to the original registers! but this is simply a case where Ancestry presumably forgot to film it.

kiterunner
13-04-22, 11:34
If you browse rather than search, piece 656 is not listed.

JohnS
13-04-22, 11:53
I may be totally misunderstanding your post, but is the attached what you are after or is this something you already have?

Edit:
PDF file size is 733.7 KB too big to attach. Is there another way to send it?

PS
The download I have is from the link you posted so maybe you already have it?

Phoenix
13-04-22, 11:53
Tat's wat I tougt. Good old Ancestry.

Phoenix
13-04-22, 11:56
I may be totally misunderstanding your post, but is the attached what you are after or is this something you already have?

Edit:

PS

Brilliant! Thanks, John. Bcause there was no longer a banner, I assume I could not access it. Off to look now!

ElizabethHerts
13-04-22, 12:07
William Bedcott's will was proved in the PCC: https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/browse/r/r/D597049

I can't find it on Ancestry, nor other wills in PROB 11/656.

This of course happens just as TNA remove free access to online downloads.

Can anybody find it? I know in a previous instance, I looked something up for Merry, and was allowed access to the original registers! but this is simply a case where Ancestry presumably forgot to film it.

The National Archives is still showing free downloads for me. I have just downloaded a will of one of my ancestors to test it.

kiterunner
13-04-22, 12:24

Edit:

PS

The terms and conditions when you downloaded it would probably not allow you to post up a copy of it on a website, John.