PDA

View Full Version : benjamin Fawkes

Qwackers
20-02-22, 06:57
Hi , I am searching for a birth of Benjamin Fawkes , who married ann fairhurst at ormskirk parish church 9th september 1844 Benjamin full age as was ann Father benjamin fawkes joiner . john Fairhurst weaver On 1851 census its states place of birth runcorn . Benjamin settled in pemberton . I've had a look at online parish clerks around that area including warrington ,and looked on family search for birth , and tried to find father benjamin on 1841 census . but up to now haven't managed to find one around the area . it's not to say that is father was from runcorn as there are lots of ben fawkes all over the country . there is a tree online up to this ben but no birth date any ideas ? thanks

Merry
20-02-22, 08:09
You forgot to mention Benjamin jr's age in 1851! The census says he was 35, so born about 1815/16ish.

This baptism is for someone a little older, but could well be him (I think on one of the later censuses I looked at, his age took him back to an 1812/13 birth year):

All Saints, Runcorn, Cheshire

Baptisms 1811

Benjamin, son of Benjamin and Elizabeth Foulkes of Runcorn born May 20th bap June 11th

Unfortunately, Ben and Elizabeth don't seem to have had any children baptised after the change in register books in 1813, so I don't know Ben senr's occupation.

Qwackers
20-02-22, 20:09
thanks merry