PDA

View Full Version : Lost Cousins newsletter - Jan 2022

JBee
03-01-22, 21:26
https://www.lostcousins.com/newsletters2/jan22news.htm

kiterunner
03-01-22, 21:46
I would need to know a lot more about how the tracking works before clicking on the link that he mentions in the bit about the latest addition to the competition prizes ("You'll also need to click the customised link on your My Summary page at LostCousins to go to Findmypast so that your purchases are automatically tracked.")

If I'm not misunderstanding, it means that he wants every member who is entering the competition to click to have his site track their purchases from FMP, when it is only the winner of that particular prize whose purchases he actually needs to know about? I would be surprised if there isn't an easy way that the winner could get a list of their purchases from FMP and pass it on to him. At the moment you can click on "My subscription" on FMP and it shows you your payment history. Surely this must include any micropayments made? I would have thought a screenshot of that would suffice. (It doesn't show your card number.)

kiterunner
06-01-22, 12:29
Now that I have paid to view a 1921 census image, I can confirm that if you go to account > subscription > payment history, it does indeed show your micropayments, so he could have just asked the winner of that prize to send him a screenshot of that page.