PDA

View Full Version : National Probate Calendar

Kit
10-12-21, 05:06
The calendar lists the persons name and an address, date of death, date and place of probate and the $$ amount of the will.

Sometimes it also says died at X. If it does not include that line does that mean the person died at the address given, which I've taken to be their home address?

kiterunner
10-12-21, 09:53
No, I don't think you can assume that.

Phoenix
10-12-21, 09:59
My grandfather died on a train. His probate gives his normal address, and his place of death per the death certificate. However, by the time my father died, place of death was no longer being recorded. so I think you can only assume that people died at home if other people on the same page have two addresses (and of course, you may have the odd case where someone dies in a place where they used to live - eg a dowager duchess, dying in her son's house at Christmas!)

Kit
10-12-21, 10:26
Thanks. I've found a branch I'd forgotten to work on and I'm trying to make sure I get everything right. Ancestry transcriptions assume they died at what looks to be the home address and I've been deleting that as the place of death. I then got worried that I was doing the wrong thing.

I'm doing it correctly now and will have to double check everything else later