PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Ruffle Oakes b 1900

garstonite
03-08-20, 07:35
Good Morning
as most of you know my surname is Oakes
a member on Rootschat has PM'd me about his relation
Joseph Ruffle Oakes b 1900 - he thinks the Warrington area
I have searched Freebmd and Familysearch and cannot find ANY records for a Joseph Ruffle Oakes .
I have PM'D this man back asking if he has the parents names and I am waiting for a reply .
I just thought if anyone is free this morning and has a little spare time could they have a browse around and see if they can find him ...because I can't ...thanks for reading :)
Allan

kiterunner
03-08-20, 09:26
I can't find anything, sorry.

garstonite
03-08-20, 09:34
Thanks - I will have to wait to see if he has the parents - I think he has the wrong info xx

Merry
03-08-20, 09:38
All of the following turned up nothing:

Oakes to Ruff* marriages Eng/Wales ether side of 1900.

ANy Joseph Oakes b Warrington district 1890-1910

Any Oakes with middle name Ruff* anytime, anywhere

Joseph Ruff* (as a surname) b Warrington anytime.

Anyone with middle name Ruff* - Warrington District turned up a few called Rufford, but otherwise nothing.

I do wonder if Warrington might turn out to be not the one in the UK.

I also wondered is he meant to type Russle/Russel(l), and tried a few searches with Russ* instead of Ruff* but that didn't help.

Phoenix
03-08-20, 09:54
There is a Joseph Oakes, son of Joseph b 1896 in Wigan, but living in Warrington on 1901,1911 and 1939 censuses. But mmn Booth.

kiterunner
03-08-20, 11:50
All of the following turned up nothing:

Oakes to Ruff* marriages Eng/Wales ether side of 1900.

ANy Joseph Oakes b Warrington district 1890-1910

Any Oakes with middle name Ruff* anytime, anywhere

Joseph Ruff* (as a surname) b Warrington anytime.

Anyone with middle name Ruff* - Warrington District turned up a few called Rufford, but otherwise nothing.

I do wonder if Warrington might turn out to be not the one in the UK.

I also wondered is he meant to type Russle/Russel(l), and tried a few searches with Russ* instead of Ruff* but that didn't help.

There is a post on Rootschat which says Ruffle, so I guess that is what he meant to type.

garstonite
03-08-20, 17:19
Thanks very much everyone for your time and effort - but as yet he hasn't replied to my request for Joseph Ruffle Oakes parents ...

Merry
03-08-20, 17:26
I looked at his other posts on Rootsweb in case there was a clue, but nothing that I could see helped!