PDA

View Full Version : Alice Violet Connelly (formerly Arnold) FFFM

Tom Tom
17-01-10, 19:54
Name - "official" name and what they were known as - Alice Violet Arnold, although birth was only registered as Alice Arnold.
Date and place of birth - 5th February 1862 at 23 Hill Street, Knightsbridge, MiddlesexNames of parents - George Arnold and Hannah (Moffitt)
Date and place of baptism - unknown
Details of each of his or her marriages - married Thomas Connelly 10th January 1886 in St Luke's, Hackney, MiddlesexOccupation(s) - housewife and barmaid (she worked in the pub where she met my GG grandad.)She also helped my Great great Grandad in his tie making business
Addresses where they lived - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on. Lived all over the place, but Windsor Road in Leyton and Wenvoe Terrace in Barry.
Date, place and cause of death -30th September 1934 at 33 Wenvoe Terrace, Barry from Uraemia, chronioc interstisial nephritis
Date and place of burial - buried City of London Cemetery on 3rd October 1934
Details of will / administration of their estate - not applicable
Memorial inscription - In Loving Memory of Alice Violet Connelly who fell asleep Sept 30th 1934 aged 72 years. "A Faithful Friend A Mother Dear A Loving Wife Lies Sleeping Here."

Alice on the beach!
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w34/colwoodtom/ConnellyAliceVioletArnold2.jpg

Joy Smith
15-10-12, 21:14
Tom
This is a lovely photograph of Alice Violet but I wanted to tell you that if you go to the website The Old Colonist's Register: Auckland Library and look for the manuscript papers of George Grey, search (1) Moffitt and (2) Dentist, you will find a letter regarding Charles Henry Moffitt and his wife Harriet in 1849 when Harriet arrived in New Zealand.
Joy

Tom Tom
28-10-12, 21:06
Hi Joy,
Thanks for this.

I am not sure what website you mean as all those I try I cannot find the letter you mean.

Do you have the link please?

Many thanks,
Tom