PDA

View Full Version : Does Ancestry not work at weekends?

Phoenix
04-08-19, 06:29
On updating I mean.

I have the message: "...the ThruLines for A X may be changing. Please check back in 24 hours when the update is complete."

That has been there for 48 hours.

It feels as if someone has to be on duty to press the switch. Have the rest of you experienced this?

Kit
04-08-19, 12:58
Thrulines take a minimum of 24 hours, often more, to update, regardless of what they say. It could be a weekend thing but I do think there is some sort of service on a Saturday morning, but that might not be the switch flicker.

Phoenix
05-08-19, 07:26
Thanks, Kit. It's still not updated.

Sue from Southend
05-08-19, 08:28
I linked my sister's DNA results to a different tree last week and waited patiently for Thru'Lines and Common Ancestors to update. Four days later - nothing! So I contacted the help line wondering if maybe you couldn't change a tree. Miraculously they replied within a couple of hours and said that Thru'lines was still in Beta and that if it hadn't updated within another 48 hours to remove the tree and relink. Then strangely (or not!) Thru'Lines updated! Sadly it didn't give me what I was hoping for but that's another story...

So, the moral of this is be patient! Sorry I can't be of any more help..:)

Phoenix
05-08-19, 09:27
Thank you, Sue! I use other websites that do this, but they are UK and err on the cautious side when promising anything.

Kit
05-08-19, 12:16
I think the moral of the story is ring up. I rang up, was told a lot of BS and then miraculously Thrulines appeared.

Phoenix
06-08-19, 17:03
%^$**£***!!!!!

At lunch time I had 8 new "common ancestors" DNA matches. They have all disappeared again.

Kit
06-08-19, 20:46
If the tree owner made their tree not searchable and private then you could lose matches.

That said I suspect ancestry is not working properly.

I don't think the match name search has come back since the day it first came out and left again.

Phoenix
06-08-19, 22:19
They are back again now! Fingers crossed.

Kit
07-08-19, 01:31
I'm trying but we don't have a fingers crossed emoji. :)

Phoenix
07-08-19, 07:17
Sorry, Kit: I was single-mindedly referring to common ancestors, not to name matches.

Kit
07-08-19, 21:12
Don't be sorry, my comment was just an example of ancestry not working properly.