PDA

View Full Version : Low cM Matches

maggie_4_7
10-04-19, 17:03
I don't know if anyone has noticed but lower cM matches are now showing on shared maches.

maggie_4_7
10-04-19, 17:18
It has gone again :confused: :confused:

Phoenix
10-04-19, 18:01
Bum!

Weirdly, I think I share an extra segment with sib's child now, so perhaps they have got a new algorithm?

kiterunner
10-04-19, 18:25
Bother, I wish I'd seen when they were showing; there are some I want to check.

Kit
10-04-19, 23:55
Some are still there. I've gone back and done the Leeds colour thing again as I thought I'd made a mistake but couldn't work it what I'd done. I now have more lower level people matching with higher people than originally.

Kit
10-04-19, 23:56
The shared match list is now temporarily unavailable.

maggie_4_7
11-04-19, 07:00
I wonder why that keeps happening, they are teasing us.

Kit
11-04-19, 07:40
I guess they are working on improvements and as they update what we see changes or fails. I can only assume they try it on a non live system but it isn't a smooth transition to the live system.

maggie_4_7
11-04-19, 08:49
I am sure most people have a lot of unknowns in their DNA matches and this could help a lot.

My DNA matches are split between my Scottish and English lines and I have a first cousin once removed and another very close match on my English line that helps me determine at least which side the link might be on and how far back.

Kit
12-04-19, 12:08
I have the same with Dad. He has a first cousin and a first cousin once removed as matches so any shared matches are maternal. When he first tested the matches were very distinct for some reason and matching with the first cousin meant a maternal grandfather match, NOT a maternal grandmother match. It was very odd. Something has changed and now the first cousin matches both grandparents