PDA

View Full Version : Ancestry throwing a wobbly?

Phoenix
25-03-19, 10:39
New, good match - and I know exactly how we are related.
She is not related to others on the same side - but that is obviously possible.

However, when I drill down to her profile, it says we are not a DNA match????!

kiterunner
25-03-19, 13:09
Yes, that's happened to me a few times too, Phoenix. Sometimes it eventually fixes itself.

Phoenix
25-03-19, 13:33
It's okay when I notice it, but it would be helpful if I got an error message.

I sometimes wonder if I dismiss good contacts when the website is having a bad day.

Merry
25-03-19, 16:08
However, when I drill down to her profile, it says we are not a DNA match????!

I've never found anyone where the profile says that are a DNA match! Admittedly, I don't look every day.....

Phoenix
25-03-19, 17:55
I've never found anyone where the profile says that are a DNA match! Admittedly, I don't look every day..... :eek:

Because I manage matches for sib's child, it's useful to compare us both.

NickiP
27-03-19, 23:41
I've always found they show on the profile matching me but when I've asked other matches whether they show at 5-8th cousin level with them as obviously I can't see in shared matches they always say no. Makes me wonder whether its not working or whether we definitely aren't a shared match but its annoying as there is one in particular I'm pretty sure I know the mutual ancestor is correct but can't prove to my satisfaction unless she matches some others on my side. That said, I'm being ignored currently by the looks of it due to taking several weeks to respond to the most recent message, looks like you can't be ill and busy at work a the same time and not respond to their messages ...