PDA

View Full Version : Shared matches confusion

ElizabethHerts
11-03-19, 08:33
I am doing Version 2 of my colour matches as I found my first attempt wasn't very successful.

First I did colour matches for RD with whom I have a very strong match. He is descended from my grandmother's sister.

Now I have started with the first person he matches with. I entered the names on my spreadsheet, now I am entering details such as the number of cM shared etc. However, when I returned to this second person WE the names he matches to have changed - some have disappeared and there are extra names I didn't have before.

So just how accurate is this? And why the different results half an hour later?
It doesn't fill me with confidence.

kiterunner
11-03-19, 09:36
Where are you getting it from, Elizabeth?

ElizabethHerts
11-03-19, 09:39
Sorry, I should have said it is Ancestry.

kiterunner
11-03-19, 09:40
Strange. But can I just check - are you saying there are different shared matches being displayed on ancestry for this person from the previous time that you checked, or is it via a third party website or add-on which is downloading the info from ancestry?

ElizabethHerts
11-03-19, 09:41
I have also lost two matches for RD since I first did them about 3 weeks ago.

ElizabethHerts
11-03-19, 09:43
Strange. But can I just check - are you saying there are different shared matches being displayed on ancestry for this person from the previous time that you checked, or is it via a third party website or add-on which is downloading the info from ancestry?

Yes, Kate.

Obviously new matches could appear but previous ones shouldn't disappear.

For the second match WE the discrepancy occurred this morning within a half-hour period. I entered the matching names, clicked on one to look at the details, returned to WE and the matches had changed.

Is this all part of the current problems? It's not much point putting in the work if it's going to jump about.