PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Maud Susan Horne

Phoenix
24-02-19, 11:04
Elizabeth was born in Southampton in 1881, daughter of Henry Horne and Alice nee Wedge.

In 1881 she is shown as Maud Horne, aged 1 month.

Her mother died in 1883 and her father remarried in 1884 to Margaret Maber nee Littlecott.

In 1891, Henry is with his youngest surviving daughter Alice. No sign of Elizabeth or Margaret. Margaret's many children with her former husband are living with her eldest son.

By 1901, Elizabeth is in London, by 1911 she is married to Walter Tovey.

Can anyone find Elizabeth in 1891? She is only ten years old, but might give a birthplace of Eling or Eastleigh.

kiterunner
24-02-19, 18:33
Just to say I have been looking, but no luck.

Phoenix
24-02-19, 18:52
Thank you, Kite. I did wonder whether she was with one of her aunts, but her mother's family seemed to have disintegrated as well.

Merry
24-02-19, 22:43
I wondered if she was somewhere with her step-mother (as she is missing too)? I couldn't find either of them!!

Phoenix
26-02-19, 07:07
Thanks for looking, Merry. It's probably the case that they were out, and whoever they were with assumed the husband and father had recorded them both.

I had thought of the step-mother being a wicked woman for abandoning her former family, but now I'm wondering, as her previous husband was a grocer, if all the children were required to help in the shop, and that's why they stayed together.