PDA

View Full Version : GEDmatch question

ElizabethHerts
11-02-19, 21:34
I uploaded my DNA raw data to GEDmatch a week ago and I'm still getting this message:

Kit matches are pending migration
Kit has not yet completed matching with other kits

I can click on my kit number and find my results, so what do the above messages signify?

Kit
11-02-19, 23:44
I can't help with any of that but I do have questions of my own.

Is it an easy site to use and is it expensive?

Sue from Southend
12-02-19, 12:26
I uploaded my DNA raw data to GEDmatch a week ago and I'm still getting this message:

Kit matches are pending migration
Kit has not yet completed matching with other kits

I can click on my kit number and find my results, so what do the above messages signify?

I uploaded mine last week too, Elizabeth and have the same messages. However I've clicked on all the links listed under DNA Applications and get results so I assume that everything is ok. Having said that I've absolutely no idea what to do with all those results :d

Kit - it's free to upload your raw DNA and view/compare results. There is an option to pay $10 per month to get more ways to analyse your matches. I haven't done that probably won't!

kiterunner
12-02-19, 12:51
This isn't an answer to your question, Elizabeth, but it might be worth reading through this blogpost about privacy options on GEDmatch:

https://thehandwrittenpast.com/2018/05/05/gedmatch-privacy/

ElizabethHerts
12-02-19, 13:34
Thanks, Sue and Kate. I'll look at this later.

Kit
13-02-19, 04:51
I uploaded mine last week too, Elizabeth and have the same messages. However I've clicked on all the links listed under DNA Applications and get results so I assume that everything is ok. Having said that I've absolutely no idea what to do with all those results :d

Kit - it's free to upload your raw DNA and view/compare results. There is an option to pay $10 per month to get more ways to analyse your matches. I haven't done that probably won't!

thanks Sue.

Mary from Italy
13-02-19, 11:08
I was originally confused by that too, but what you're seeing is just the legend; all you need to look at is the icons that appear alongside your kit number, which should be a tick and a pencil.

ElizabethHerts
13-02-19, 11:21
Thanks, Mary. I wondered if I should wait for more matches to materialise.

Mary from Italy
13-02-19, 11:58
If there's a tick on the right of your kit number, you should already have all the available matches. It's only if you have the 4th icon against your kit number that the matching hasn't completed yet, as I understand it.