PDA

View Full Version : Ancestry DNA testing - Informed consent

ElizabethHerts
08-01-19, 15:29
Did people opt in or out of this?

ANCESTRYDNA INFORMED CONSENT
Effective Date: July 24, 2018
INTRODUCTION
Thank you for considering participation in scientific research to help advance the study of human genetics, genealogy, anthropology and health. We are hopeful that this research will help scientists better understand population history, human migration and improve human health. This Informed Consent relates to research that may be performed by AncestryDNA, a third-party researcher or in collaboration between AncestryDNA and a third-party researcher (as further described below). As to any internal AncestryDNA product development or enhancement work that is not covered by this consent, such development or enhancement is covered by the Ancestry Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statements.

Your consent to participate in this research is completely voluntary and is not required to use any of our products or services. Even if you consent to participate in the research, you may withdraw your consent at any time, but your information will not be removed from research that is in progress or completed. We encourage you to carefully read the full text below before deciding whether to give consent.

Phoenix
08-01-19, 15:33
Opted out. Have already sold my soul to BioBank

ElizabethHerts
08-01-19, 15:36
Thanks, Phoenix. My instinct is to opt out.

maggie_4_7
08-01-19, 15:49
I will opt out.

Guinevere
08-01-19, 18:49
Opted out.

Sue from Southend
08-01-19, 19:26
I started filling out their questionnaire to opt in but it was so long, involved and personal that I stopped part way through!

kiterunner
08-01-19, 22:44
I opted out.