PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone visit the Hertfordshire RO?

Merry
07-01-10, 12:00
Nothing to add to BK6 from this thread

and feels in the mood to help sort out my Smiths?!!!! lol

I have one marriage and one baptism from the IGI which I would like the full details of.......:):o

ElizabethHerts
07-01-10, 12:02
Merry, I go sometimes - not too far. Send me a pm and I'll see what I can do when the weather is better. :)

Merry
07-01-10, 12:03
Oooh that was quick! lol

I will send you a pm - there's no rush - I've not progressed with this line for 20 years.....:o

ElizabethHerts
07-01-10, 12:13
Oooh that was quick! lol

I will send you a pm - there's no rush - I've not progressed with this line for 20 years.....:o

It will also prompt me to look up a couple of small things, so it will make the journey worthwhile.

Joan of Archives
07-01-10, 18:21
*Phew*

Sadly I haven't been able to go in the last few months else I would have looked for you Merry :rolleyes:

The next time I do I will let you know. Unfortunately I can only get there on Saturdays & they close at lunchtime (how dare they lol) :d

I need to look at a marriage licence but I am not sure that they will do that on a weekend as they are very funny about getting stuff out from their vaults!

Merry
07-01-10, 18:25
Thanks Joanie!

Fancy them being difficult on a Saturday. :( Maybe they don't have enough staff to do everything?

ElizabethHerts
07-01-10, 18:29
*Phew*

Sadly I haven't been able to go in the last few months else I would have looked for you Merry :rolleyes:

The next time I do I will let you know. Unfortunately I can only get there on Saturdays & they close at lunchtime (how dare they lol) :d

I need to look at a marriage licence but I am not sure that they will do that on a weekend as they are very funny about getting stuff out from their vaults!

Joanie, if you pm me I shall see what I can do. I shall go mid-week.

Joan of Archives
07-01-10, 18:30
Oooo Elizabeth that is very very kind of you! I will send you a pm with names & dates etc. Thanks a lot! :d

maggie_4_7
07-01-10, 18:43
I have no idea where it is? Which town is it in?

ElizabethHerts
07-01-10, 18:46
Maggie, it's in Hertford, up at County Hall.

maggie_4_7
07-01-10, 19:44
Maggie, it's in Hertford, up at County Hall.

I should know that :)

But I'm only in Hertford at weekends.