PDA

View Full Version : Marriage locator tool

ElizabethHerts
28-10-18, 07:26
http://www.marriage-locator.co.uk/?fbclid=IwAR0uPsUOme1cVL273kejlvh1chy30R3Ww4gOfXBR vWj2ksf6yLjjMsgpeIs

"Cracking the code of the GRO Marriage Index
This website enables you to interpret the Marriage Index created by the General Register Office for England and Wales. By using it you can determine where your ancestors were married - not just which Registration District, but which church!"

Sue from Southend
28-10-18, 09:14
Thank you Elizabeth! I knew this existed but I could not find it under any search terms ;(

Now to find where OH's Essex ancestors married...

Sue from Southend
28-10-18, 09:36
Sadly the two marriages that have been bugging me cannot be located! One gives the news that "The entry is located between entries for Gt Ilford St Mary (RD: Romford) and Arkesden St Mary the Virgin (RD: Saffron Walden)."
As I already know that it's a Romford district marriage that's not a lot of help!

As they say on the website it's a work in progress. I'll just have to wait or continue trawling through the Essex registers trying to locate the marriages. Failing that spend money on certificates!!

Mary from Italy
28-10-18, 12:04
I often use it, but I suspect that the ones they can't locate are often register offices.

Kit
29-10-18, 23:00
Does it do non Anglican churches?

Just wondering if the gaps belong in that category as the page says Anglican churches.