PDA

View Full Version : Ancestry unlinked trees

Phoenix
11-10-18, 10:28
As I plough through best mate's DNA matches (over 6000 eliminated so far) I like to check those unlinked trees.
Today, Ancestry is blanking me.
Can anyone else access an unlinked tree on Ancestry today?

kiterunner
11-10-18, 11:00
Yes, I can. But for the last few days, I have found that sometimes it shows all the trees (including linked ones) as "unavailable" and then later they work o.k.

Phoenix
11-10-18, 11:15
I've had "unavailable", and usually refreshing gets it back, but today, on different machines and operating systems, it's just blank. Will try again later.

It has been bothering me that I may not be getting accurate results, and removing good matches.

Sue from Southend
11-10-18, 13:29
Thanks for this Phoenix- I hadn't twigged that you could view the tree! Just clicked on two, first one had 3 people on it and the second had one ;( :d

Phoenix
11-10-18, 13:43
Mostly, they just have themselves, but if they have been members for years, there may be their tree, just not linked. It's taking me a while to find all the facilities.

kiterunner
11-10-18, 14:46
If their tree (linked or unlinked) only has a few names in it, you may be able to search all public trees for those people and see the lines further back. Though of course public trees aren't particularly reliable.