PDA

View Full Version : Bedfordshire Probate Records

Merry
28-09-18, 08:27
I found a scrap of paper with the following in my handwriting:

FMP Probate Records Bedford

Maynard Wm, Kempston, Yeo, A1794/1
McCreary David Plymouth, Devon, soldier, A1795/3

I vaguely remember thinking I would get copies of these documents from Bedford Archives, but as this scrap was probably written several years ago (:o) I thought I would have another look at the index in case anything else came to light.

Has it been withdrawn from FMP? I can't find anything to help (on that site or elsewhere). Any ideas please.

(I also can't find any ref to these docs on Bedford Archives catalogue, but that is possibly because they have 'only' indexed 91% (or 93%, depending on where you read!) of their records.)

kiterunner
28-09-18, 09:16
Try in the England & Wales Published Wills & Probate Indexes, 1300-1858 (on FMP), selecting Bedfordshire as the place. I can't confirm they are in there as I haven't got a sub, but some matches do come up.

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/search-world-Records/england-and-wales-published-wills-and-probate-indexes-1300-1858

Merry
28-09-18, 11:34
Oooh, well done! Thank you.

Interestingly, I can now find David McCreary from the main search page (as long as I don't put a location in, such as Plymouth, Devon or Bedfordshire <<<< this is where I went wrong before!), but I can't make the entry for Wm Maynard appear. Luckily it's on the same page as David McCreary's entry!