PDA

View Full Version : FMP.com Sub

Kit
12-08-18, 00:20
Does anyone still have the discounted pioneer rate to fmp.com?

We had the beta testing rate from when it was launched. I had it for years, then lost it when fmp.co.uk started and as I had accounts with both. Then last year I was sent an email saying I was still an original member and after a bit of argument I was able to join .com for the discount price again but this year the price has gone up again.

Also do they send you a reminder email that you are due to renew soon? I've just received an email that they can't renew the sub and my sub has expired.

kiterunner
12-08-18, 10:59
It's a sore point with me, Toni, because when I took out a pioneer sub they didn't say it would renew at the super low price and so I cancelled auto-renewal. I would love to have kept it at that price.

Kit
12-08-18, 12:08
I've kept the auto renew but have changed card so it didn't work but from what I can see I'm not getting the low price. I just can't work out if t still exists.

I also didn't get any notifications that it would be renewing so I have no idea what they were going to charge.

I can't even see a price for a world sub, or a way to get a world sub. All the FAQs have no answers to the questions which is annoying. I'll just have to wait until they open tomorrow but I think the 5am time is their time, not mine.

kiterunner
12-08-18, 13:19
The top US sub now seems to be the "Ultimate British and Irish" for 179 US dollars for a year (= approx 245 Australian dollars) or 19.95 US dollars for a month, but although it includes US and Canadian records, there is nothing to say that it includes Australian and NZ stuff.

I do know that they have changed most or all of the subscriptions in the last year or two, and that although you can get to keep your existing subscription if you auto-renew, you don't get the chance to choose one of the old-style subs if your sub expires and you take out a new sub. You might be able to convince them to let you renew your old sub if you contact them and say you didn't get a renewal notification, but if not, don't take out that new US Ultimate British and Irish sub since the Australian world sub would be cheaper - see below.

The Australian world sub is currently 239.50 Australian dollars for a year, or 19.95 Australian dollars for a month. The UK "Pro" sub, which is the equivalent of a world sub, is 83.70 GBP (about 146 Australian dollars) for six months (so it would be 292 Australian dollars for a year) or 15.95 GBP for a month. (Not sure why six months instead of a year? Ancestry seem to do the same.)

Irish world sub is 179.50 Euros for a year = about 280.50 Australian dollars, or 14.95 Euros for a month.

Of course the above numbers don't take into account any discounts you might be offered.

Kit
12-08-18, 21:19
I had a 15% loyalty discount when I looked at the UK subs. I'll try talking to them by chat later today to see what can be done.

Kit
13-08-18, 09:35
ok, finally got someone to turn up to work haha.

The guy didn't say but I think you have to ask for a discount code. He also said this is most likely the last year for the Pioneer discount. If it continues people will be sent an email.

Everything is being rebranded and the world sub is now called Ultimate British & Irish Subscription. I think that is a bit odd but at least we now know.