PDA

View Full Version : FMP 1939 Register searches finding death records?

kiterunner
03-08-18, 17:15
The latest "Findmypast Fridays" email says that 1939 Register searches now include possible death records - has anyone come across this? And if so, can you give some examples, please? I do have an FMP sub but it doesn't include the 1939 Register, so I don't know whether that's why I'm not seeing them.

Lindsay
03-08-18, 18:26
I've tried a few different people, but there's no death record showing for any of them.

Jill
03-08-18, 18:32
On the transcript page you can scroll down and there is a "related record" you can click on - for instance, I looked up my great aunt Edith Kershaw b 11 Sep 1909 and there are three suggestions for deaths (the first of which is the correct one).

kiterunner
03-08-18, 18:47
Thanks, Jill. Now I can see some by looking at record transcriptions that I have previously viewed.

I was wondering whether this might give us a clue as to how they mistakenly opened some records of living people under 100 when they ran software matching closed records against death records, but looking at one such, there is no "related record" showing. (I suppose because they were matching against records which aren't on FMP.)

Mary from Italy
03-08-18, 21:42
Ah, that's interesting.

I see they only give the death entry for the person whose name you searched for, not the other members of the household; you have to search for them separately.

Kit
04-08-18, 03:19
This is good. It might help kill off a few people in my tree.

Lindsay
04-08-18, 09:24
Always remembering that FMP's death entries only go up to 2007, which is where I went wrong.

Phoenix
04-08-18, 19:31
This explains why the record has been incorrectly opened for a relation. Someone with same name and yob - but entirely different birthday.