PDA

View Full Version : Could someone please read this will

Kit
01-06-18, 11:32
and tell me if it says why Sarah White inherits anything and what she gets. I can find no relationship between Elizabeth Searle and Sarah.

Her cousin Abraham Filmore gets the property. Is anyone else mentioned?

I don't need a transcription but I am having a lot of trouble reading the will so would greatly appreciate a few answers.

Elizabeth Searle (https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interactive/5111/40611_311014-00101/457096?backurl=https%3a%2f%2fsearch.ancestry.co.uk %2fsearch%2fdb.aspx%3fdbid%3d9934%26path%3d&ssrc=&backlabel=ReturnBrowsing)

Thanks in advance.

kiterunner
01-06-18, 13:22
It also mentions William Rowell, Joseph Wills, Richard Perryman, Osman, tenants of properties which were left to various people in the will.

John Filmore Kingston, nephew of Abraham.

Mrs Sarah White, daughter of John Drake ... and now the wife of Matthew White of London

My cousin Emlin Filmore of Lympston spinster

My cousin Elizabeth Withall of Lympston

Sarah Curtis of Lympston widow - on later mention it says she is a cousin

Dorothea Kingston wife of John Kingston of Topsham - I think she is included in the later mention of cousins

Elizabeth Filmore of Topsham spinster - I think she is also included in the later mention of cousins

My cousin Jane Scott of Lympston spinster

Sarah Smith of Exeter widow

My cousin John Richard Withall of Lympston

Mr Robert Searle son of my late deceased husband Mr John Searle

Mary Robinia Searle his daughter

Isaac Baker of Lympston mariner

Thomas Smith of Lympston gentleman

my cousin John Fillmore late a Gunner of a Ship of War, and his eldest son John Filmore

I can't see any mention of why Sarah White was included.

Kit
01-06-18, 13:32
Thanks Kate. This branch of the family are doing my head in. I feel like I'm missing something that would explain everything but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Nell
01-06-18, 19:19
Oh Kit, that's like me and my ex's wretched Price Dennisons!

Kit
01-06-18, 23:32
Can I offer you a brick wall Nell? Or maybe a good stiff drink?

It's just lucky, for them, that these people are dead or I'd give them a piece of my mind.