PDA

View Full Version : UK Deaths 2007-2016 - findmypast

kiterunner
18-05-18, 08:37
https://search.findmypast.co.uk/search-world-Records/united-kingdom-deaths-2007-2016?utm_source=fmp&utm_medium=email&utm_content=1078618-B-0-C&utm_campaign=news&utm_term=FMP-CAM-Fridays-18518-AU
They don't seem to say where the data comes from, but I'm guessing it's from the same sources as the England and Wales and the Scotland and Northern Ireland death indexes on ancestry for that period, i.e. insurance companies, funeral directors, etc. This one also includes the Isle of Man and Jersey.

NickiP
18-05-18, 14:53
Having looked at a couple of entries, they are copyrighted to Wilmington Millennium Ltd who I think were the source of the post 2007 database on Ancestry too from memory. If it is, its a compilation of data from many sources and not the GRO. My grandmother appears on both, the source for her death must be the Funeral Directors as there was no other publicity. Interestingly my great aunt's death is on FMP but wasn't on Ancestry as far as I can remember, although the date varies by a week for the date her son in law has on his Ancestry Public Tree (nobody in my immediate family can remember the actual day as it was 10 years ago and got missed off my tree). So I think the usual caveat about not trusting entirely the information comes to mind.

ElizabethHerts
18-05-18, 15:00
My mother-in-law isn't on them. She died in 2015.

kiterunner
18-05-18, 16:25
It isn't a complete list.

Sue from Southend
18-05-18, 16:52
Both of my parents are on there and both have the wrong dob. I know we supplied the correct ones!

NickiP
18-05-18, 17:22
Both of my parents are on there and both have the wrong dob. I know we supplied the correct ones!

Sue the information is not from the official GRO index but a compilation of information collated by Wilmington Millennium from Funeral Directors, newspaper announcements etc. The same information appeared on Ancestry a few years back, obviously without anything more recent. The DOBs would appear to simply be an estimate from the age notified to whoever the source is.